Monday, February 13, 2012

Training Log: 2/6 to 2/12

This week marks the first week of my training in earnest for the Palo Duro Trail 50 to be run on Oct 20, 2012. Having built my base fitness up with a tailored plan devised by my awesome coach, I'm now moving to a modified version of one of the plans found in the great book by iRunFar's Bryon Powell, Relentless Forward Progress. Here's my digits:


Total Distance (mi)


35.16

Total Calories


4186

Total Time


05:05

Workouts


6


My long run this week was 12 miles (at an 8:49 pace) in the frigid and gusty cold (22ยบ wind chill). The run was good and I felt great, with plenty left in the tank.

My knee keeps getting better (though today it is a bit stiff—3 out of 10 with dull pain). Over the past four weeks, I've averaged an 8:38 pace for 100 miles total. I didn't realize things have been picking up for that long. Since all of those miles have been on runs between 5-12 miles, I'm pretty happy with pace. Actually, I couldn't be happier. Now, I need to focus on continuing to get healthier and paying careful attention to my body.

Palo Duro 50, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment